Thursday, February 13, 2014

Good, Bad & Ugly - Sew-a-Long

I am part of a wonderful facebook sewing group; the Good, Bad & Ugly.  Last week they posted their first sew-a-long, and I have been wanting to try one so I made both of the featured patterns.  


My first dress was made from the "Endless" pattern by Jocole.  It has tons of options; I choose the empire bodice, peter pan collar, puff sleeves and sash.  I was going for a vintage 1940's inspired look and I think I succeeded in my vision.  My daughter will be wearing this dress for her 1st birthday next month, which will have a vintage country picnic theme.





The second dress was made from the "Clara" pattern from Les Files a Maman.  I ordered my fabric from online for the first time...I just adore this ship fabric from Michael Miller and found a coral seersucker to coordinate.  This pattern can go either modern or classic, I love the A-line and gathered combo.  I added the ruffled bloomers to complete the look.  







5 comments:

  1. That second dress is so beautiful - the fabric choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie, I also love the ships so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute dresses! I love GBU and I have a couple of yards of that Michael Miller fabric. I better hurry up and use it before she gets too old for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think I need to buy more (and some coordinates) in case they stop making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Clara dress! The fabric is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete